2010/03/18

Witnessing Green-winged Teals' courtship

Such a great weather today!

Sky-watch of the day.

At the Terra Nova observation deck, I saw the Green-winged Teals performing their courtship rituals.
I took photos only (with FZ18). And now that I think about it, I should had taken a video like this one. Pretty neat!

Then I slowly arrived at the Sharing Farm - where I took pictures of the colorful flowers.

Yellow flower
A yellow flower in the midst of gray and brown colors.

Yellow flower
Foral view from the top.

The cherry blossoms are in full bloom now. See the insects enjoying the nectar?

Blossoms on a branch
The kit lens take pretty decent images.

Passing through the gardens, I spooked the pheasant and it flew away for an adjacent field. Far away, there was a group of Snow Geese ahead. And surrounding that area was three bird-of-preys.

Short-eared Owl.

Northern Harrier.

Red-tailed Hawk (I believe so).

Snow Goose (Chen caerulescens)
Snow Goose in flight.

In-flight and pooping at the same time.

Sunset, time to go home.

365 days ago (2009-03-17) ... "What it means to be a wild animal".
.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...