2010/03/20

Photographic post: Goldfinches arriving

As I was biking today I saw a crow chasing and harassing all the wigeons and Mallards.

I wish this Red-tailed Hawk would teach it a lesson about manners.

Today I saw three American Goldfinches of the year! So exciting to see these bright birds while most of the landscape are still grey and brown. They were cleaning and preening themselves so it was quite difficult to photograph them through the branches.

Male Northern Harrier (Circus cyaneus)

Male Northern Harrier (Circus cyaneus)
This male Northern Harrier was on the man-made hill in the rural park. I slowly approached and photographed it.

Saw a Bald Eagle far far away as I was biking home.

Great Blue Heron (Ardea herodias)

Great Blue Heron (Ardea herodias)
The location of this young heron made me got off my bike and photographed it with the landscape.

Mallard (Anas platyrhynchos)
The male Mallard was nearby too.

Sky-watch of the day.

Handsome Cat
Closer to home, this handsome cat was spotted on someone's house just relaxing.
.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...