2010/03/01

Every Sunny Weekend Should Be Canada/US Hockey Game...

...that way, I can always enjoy my bike ride in peace while other people can stay indoors and watch their game. A win-win situation really.

Actually, I watched parts of the game until the beginning of the third period. That was when I headed outside for a bike ride.

The lack of people allowed me to fool around and take this photo while riding the bike at the same time.

I didn't see much until I got to the Terra Nova Sharing Farm again. This is a female Northern Harrier.

A Ruby-crowned Kinglet (Regulus calendula)! I spent a lot of time trying to photograph the kinglets and chickadees through the branches. This was the best I could get of a kinglet.

And guess who I saw again? Yep, the male Ring-necked Pheasant.

Ring-necked Pheasant (Phasianus colchicus)
Always worth a portrait shot. Once again, it followed me (or me following it) around until someone walked by and startled it and caused to cry out loud and fly away.

Sky-watching Sunday
Quite a nice day today.

Panoramic View of Terra Nova Slough
A panoramic view of the Terra Nova Slough. Edited the image to get the curved effect. Larger image here.

American Wigeons (Anas americana)
Saw many American Wigeons on the Fraser River. As well as two female Buffleheads and a cormorant.

Black-capped Chickadee (Poecile atricapillus)
One of the many Black-capped Chickadees saw today.

A young heron learning patience while staring into the water.

Time to head back home to check out the outcome of the hockey game...although I heard a lot of honking so it must be good news for the Canadians.

.

1 comment:

Cicero Sings said...

When we went for our afternoon walk, I asked D, where is everyone ... the roads were empty. Hockey Game, says he. Ah ha! Yea Canada!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...