2010/03/27

Minoru Park & Biked to the dyke

Yesterday, my co-authors in Taiwan received our submitted manuscript on our study about the breeding biology of the Taiwan Barbet in Taipei Botanical Garden. We had good remarks, but we also needed a lot of revision and re-analysis of the results. They scanned they copy to me and now my goal is to get as much revision and rewrite as possible in the last 15 days before I leave for Ontario without internet connection or land-line telephones. Wish me luck!

But first thing in this morning I went to Richmond centre with my mother for our weekly grocery shopping.

Once again, we strolled in Minoru Park before heading to the Public Market.

Minoru Chapel
Minoru Chapel with gorgeous blue sky. Some people call it the Olympus Blue (for the blue color that Olympus cameras produce). Cool!

Pink Blossoms and Blue Sky
The other direction with beautiful pink and white cherry blossoms.

Through the branches and flowers...

Male Grey Squirrel (Sciurus carolinensis)
A cute squirrel in the park. My mother asked me if I can tell the difference between a male and female, I said no. But then my mother pointed to the photograph. Oh, it is a male!

After we got home, I began working on the manuscript right away. After a few hours, I decided to take a break and biked to the dyke.

Bald Eagle (Haliaeetus leucocephalus)
Bald Eagle.

Relatively cloudy day.

Snow Geese on Fraser River. Their presence and the flying seaplanes flying over the river seems quite dangerous to me.

Double-crested Cormorant in breeding plumage.
Waving its wings around.

Young heron near the river.

Today I saw my first hummingbird of the year with it whizzing above me. There's no way I took a photo of that. And when it was perching on a treetop, I was too slow in getting out my camera before it flew away. Maybe next time!

Ruby-crowned Kinglet (Regulus calendula)
I was watching this kinglet on the branch (left-top) and when I snapped a photo, it was gone! Looking at the photograph, I realized I just caught a picture of it in-air! What luck and what an image! Too bad, the focus was on the branch and not the bird.

Unidentified Wasp
An unknown wasp in the Sharing Farm.
Nearby was this bee-like fly. Maybe this genus?

Grove Snail (Cepaea nemoralis)
On the currant, there were two snails spotted. One was this Grove Snail.

Another was this. I wonder if the snails will affect the plant at all?

Yellow-faced Bumblebee (Bombus vosnesenskii)
Yellow-faced Bumblebee enjoying the flowers.

Great Blue Heron (Ardea herodias)
Young heron. My mother said this look as if it is taking off its cloth.
Another heron.

Sky-watch of the day. Clouds rolling across. Time to go home and do some work.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...