2010/03/28

Swallows are here

I took a short break from paper editing and rode to the dyke in the afternoon.

A gray day today.

Barn swallows are back! I hope they are here to enjoy the bugs that gets in my way when I rode my bike along the dyke. Many of them flew to my face and cloth and rested there. Kind of annoying!

Yellow-faced Bumblebee (Bombus vosnesenskii)
Arriving at Sharing Farm. Hoping to find a hummer enjoying the currants. Got a bumble instead.

Ring-necked Pheasant far away. But when it saw me, it quickly ran towards me. Time to bike away - quickly.

Black-capped Chickadee enjoying seed
Black-capped Chickadee enjoying a seed.

Still cloudy when I biked home.

First ladybug of the year. Unfortunately, I got too close and it disappeared before I can take a better picture.

Red-winged Blackbird in flight
Blackbird overhead.

365 days ago (2009-03-27) ... Short and gray also.
.

1 comment:

Bill Benish said...

Nice seeing those swallows in your sky. Your post reminds me of the many gnats I saw buzzing around a few days before the Eastern Phoebes arrived in Central Park, last week or so.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...