2010/03/11

Arrival of Olympus E-620 & its first trip to the dyke...

My Olympus E-620 arrived at 10:43 this morning safe and sound. I looked out my window ever so often hoping to see the delivery truck, and when it pulled up, I was almost out the door ready to greet the delivery gentleman!

The unboxing photos. This is the 2 lenses kit.

In the afternoon, I brought both cameras to the dyke to test them out. But wanting to get familiar with the new camera quicker, all photos below were taken with it.

Group of American Wigeons.

Single American Robin.

Gull overhead. E-620 has very quick auto-focus compare to my FZ18 (go figures).

View over Terra Nova Slough
Hazy Sun
Terra Nova Slough.

Gadwalls in slough.

Heading back home.

My bicycle
My bicycle.

Great Blue Heron.

Today was very cloudy and gray and I saw little wildlife. My new camera works well, but it won't have the reach of my FZ18 since the longer lens in the kit is the Zuiko 40-150mm f/3.5-4.5 (or 80 to 300 in 35mm format). I may have to get the Zuiko 70-300mm f/4-5.6 (or 140 to 600 in 35mm format) for birding since it's a fairly popular choice among Olympus users. In addition, there will be quite a learning curve in using this camera, especially learning how to use the viewfinder and the different menus.

365 days ago (2009-03-10) ...
.

2 comments:

Simon Reeve said...

I can imagine your excitement, it's a great lightweight handy sized camera.

It will be interesting to see what you make of it over time.

Nice photos too.

Simon

Cicero Sings said...

So excited for you! It is so fun getting parcels -- like Christmas. Always a learning curve with any new camera. I got a new one for Christmas, a K-7 because of the cold proofing for up here in winter. I just need a good zoom lens too -- and macro lens -- the s
all world is so interesting too.

Have fun!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...