2010/03/06

Enjoying the blossoms on Seafair Drive with mother

My mother wanted to see the blossoms that I photographed whenever I went to the dyke. So today, we walked to the dyke and I showed her the streets where I saw the blossoms.

Along Seafair Drive.

Then we went to the trail.

Mister Mallard. My mother also spotted a bittern far away, but it was already on the move to the tall grasses when she pointed it out to me.

A cloudless gorgeous day.

Red-winged Blackbird (Agelaius phoeniceus)
Singing Red-winged Blackbirds.

Head of a heron. It was against the sunlight so photographing it was difficult.

My mother wanted to see the Bald Eagles, but when we got there, there were none (although we did hear some calls). Then just when we were about to walked back, an eagle rose from its nest and flew over us! It circled around the golf course and then there were two more Bald Eagles - all of them flew very close to us.

Bald Eagle (Haliaeetus leucocephalus)
This was one of the handsome eagles we saw.

And this was its blurry take-off. I hope this kind of situations will be solved when I receive my new camera.

Instead of walking along the dyke, we decided to walked around the neighborhood along Seafair Drive and look at the blossoms again.

An over-towering willow.

Pink blossoms everywhere

And more blossoms!

We just love this day! (A heart found on someone's front yard.)

365 days ago (2009-03-05) ...
.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...