2009/03/06

Photographic outing on a sunny afternoon

"To learn something new, take the path that you took yesterday."
John Burroughs, American Naturalist

Cicero Sings' comment yesterday gave my daily outing a new meaning. Here're what I learned (or observed) in the gorgeous afternoon.

Saw the pair of Bald Eagles again. Hooray! I haven't seen them in a long time.

Bald Eagles (Haliaeetus leucocephalus)
Whispering sweet love, or nagging for food? I think it may be the latter as the one on the left flew away immediately heading towards the sea.

Bald Eagle (Haliaeetus leucocephalus)
Leaving this one alone.

Bald Eagle (Haliaeetus leucocephalus)
And waiting.

Great Blue Heron watching American Wigeon
My friend watching this American Wigeon ruining its reflection. Near here, I think I heard a frog croak!? Very interesting.

Great Blue Heron (Ardea herodias)
Not impressed at all.

Beautiful bud.

One versus Many. Alone versus Belong.

Crocus
I am guessing plants that flower this time of the year depend more on wind-pollination than insect pollination.

A cloud that looks like a dog.

Red-winged Blackbird (Agelaius phoeniceus)
Look at the way this Red-winged Blackbird is perched! One of the many things them birds can do that us humans can't.

Clouds that look like a snake.

View of UBC
Such a beautiful clear day.
.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...