2011/04/08

Pink Blossoms and Gold Finch

Another beautiful sunny day without any clouds in the sky.

Common Merganser (Mergus merganser)
Saw a pair of Common Mergansers swimming towards the Phoenix Pond.

Cherry Blossom
Photographing cherry blossoms on my way to Garry Point.

Unknown Bee Mimic
Photographed the butt end of this critter. It looks more like a fly than a bee.

Blossoms at Garry Point Park.

Then I biked towards Terra Nova. Since I headed outside a bit later than before, I pretty much pedaled non-stop, except for taking a few photos.

See, not a cloud in the sky.

While biking past Terra Nova, I heard something singing cheerfully. That's when I noticed this handsome American Goldfinch (Spinus tristis) through the branches. It was singing against another male nearby.


American Goldfinch (Spinus tristis)

American Goldfinch (Spinus tristis)

American Goldfinch (Spinus tristis)

American Goldfinch (Spinus tristis)
Showing off its tail feathers while perching with one leg!

The last bird I photographed today was this drab bird. Maybe a female Brewer's Blackbird?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...