2011/04/09

Incomplete rainbow?

The weather in the afternoon was not as good as the morning; it was hazy and warm.

I have no idea what this phenomenon is, but there was just this patch of "rainbow" in the hazy sky.

I walked along the railroad tracks today hoping to see some birds or even snakes (too early?) but came up short. So I ended up photographing the vegetation grown along the tracks.

Whitlow-Grass (Draba spp.)
I figured out these are Whitlow-Grass flower (Draba spp.) but no idea what species they are.

Whitlow-Grass (Draba spp.)
Pretty image

Common Horsetail (Equisetum arvense)
Common Horsetail (Equisetum arvense)

Then I biked to Finn Slough to see if the Rufous Hummingbird is still around, and it is!


Rufous Hummingbird (Selasphorus rufus)
But I am still unable to get a good photo of it, let along of it drinking from the Salmonberry flowers - I saw the behaviour but photographing it was too difficult.

Honey Bees are easier.

Salmonberry flower (Rubus spectabilis)
Salmonberry flower

You Looking At Me?
Number Four was originally napping on top of the car, but came down to my level afterwards.

Saw 3 female Common Mergansers swimming together.

The strange light at 17:40PM - taken on my way home.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...