2011/04/24

Bald Eagle watching & first experience with OM lens

Today I headed to Finn Slough first thing in the afternoon to meet up with a fellow birder, who is kindly giving me his lens adapter for adapting old Olympus film OM lens to 4/3 digital bodies, as well as lending me his Zuiko OM 50mm f1.4 lens to try it out.

Before I got to Finn Slough, I spotted this Red-tailed Hawk on top of the telephone pole just above me. From experience, I know they tend to be very shy and almost always fly away before I can take out my camera. So I biked past it and took photos from about 100-m away. Not the best photo but good enough to finally show that there are Red-tailed Hawks around in the area.

While waiting, I biked around and took photos of the beautiful sky. Man, it was really warm too.

This tiny beetle (about 5-mm long) landed on my shirt while biking. I took if off and snapped a few pictures.

The next four photos are my first tries using an OM lens, which feels strange to use. Plus, the metering and white balance seem off, and I will need a lot of practice to get use to it.





Against a Blue Sky
Another sky photo.

Smile, You Are On Camera
Happy Dog.

Took my birding lens out to photograph this Bald Eagle not doing much of anything.

Bald Eagle (Haliaeetus leucocephalus)

Bald Eagle (Haliaeetus leucocephalus)

Bald Eagle (Haliaeetus leucocephalus)

House Sparrow (Passer domesticus)
House Sparrow near the feeders

Two Black-capped Chickadees were hanging out near this small nest box at knee height. I didn't get too close just in case they were thinking of nest building there.

Red-winged Blackbird (Agelaius phoeniceus)
Red-winged Blackbird - super difficult to achieve correct exposure of the entire image.

Then I switched back to the OM lens and took the rest of the following photos.

Purple Flowers
Unknown Purple Flowers

'Master' and Owner
Dog and Owner

Glittering Outline
Shiny River Bank

Field of Dead Nettles
Dead Nettles. It was from here to the location of the next photo that I lost the lens cap (Already!?).

Orange Wheel in a field of Dandelions
Orange wheel and yellow flowers

Green Field
Green Field

Happy Easter!
Happy Easter, everyone!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...