2009/05/16

More observations from the backyard

Yesterday, I saw this pretty Black Swallowtail (Papilio protenor) flying in the backyard. Strangely, there is also a North American butterfly having the same common name, but having the different scientific name Papilio polyxenes.

Papilio protenor - 黑鳳蝶
So pretty. If you look closely, you can see its curled proboscis.

I spotted the same Swinhoe's japalura (Japalura swinhonis) as last time. This time, it was hiding in the underneath a flowering pot - away from the direct sunlight.

Swinhoe's japalura (Japalura swinhonis) - 斯文豪氏攀蜥

I will have to ask around again for this following organism, but while I was poking around the plants, I saw this pair of mushroom hiding beneath a larger plant. What a find!

P1100248

I will be traveling to Taipei this afternoon to begin my volunteer work starting next week. I am both excited and also sad because I won't be seeing my grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, and family members for the next three months.
.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

The image of the mushrooms is beautiful

PSYL said...

Thanks, T&S!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...