2011/05/27

One more post before leaving for fieldwork

Hi all, this will probably be my last post for the next ~70 days as I will be leaving for fieldwork tomorrow (Saturday) morning.

Left the office a bit early yesterday morning so that I can check out some wildlife along the way.

American Robin singing.

Yellow Warbler (Dendroica petechia)

Yellow Warbler (Dendroica petechia)
Saw many Yellow Warblers singing and claiming territory.

Yellow Warbler (Dendroica petechia)

In the evening, I went out for a walk around the edge of town.

Fox Sparrow (Passerella iliaca)

Fox Sparrow (Passerella iliaca)

Fox Sparrow (Passerella iliaca)

Fox Sparrow (Passerella iliaca)
Saw many Fox Sparrows singing.

Sorry for the out of focus photo, but I was quite excited to see a Chipping Sparrow, especially because this far north is outside its range.

Sky-watching in Inuvik, around 9pm
The place I walked to. That is a trail crossing the hilltop. Below is a pond and I saw many birds there.

Trees on a mountain
The beautiful mountainside.

Unknown Fly with something in its mouth
Saw this interesting fly with something in its mouth. Some kind of liquid perhaps?

Good luck spotting birds in this photo. I think they are Yellowlegs.

Mallards.

American Wigeon

Semipalmated Plover (Charadrius semipalmatus). First time seeing this bird!

Ravens

Savannah Sparrow (Passerculus sandwichensis)
Took me a while to spot this singing bird until seeing it perched knee-high on the willow. Savannah Sparrow (Passerculus sandwichensis)

Savannah Sparrow (Passerculus sandwichensis)
Singing.

Bigfoot or Bear track?

See you all 70+ days from now! Have a good summer.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...