2009/04/16

Photos of the day

I wish I have the ability to do a Wordless post every Wednesday. But the truth is, I just have to have my input in the photos I take, even if it's just a simple species name. That's how I feel that makes the picture complete - some words to describe the thousand words in the image.

Anyways, I captured more amazing moments today that I would like to share.

Great Blue Heron (Ardea herodias) with an itchy face
Caught this Great Blue Heron scratching its face. I thought is was a pretty comical moment, especially with the raised head feathers.

Great Blue Heron (Ardea herodias)
Caught snooping.

I finally have some decent photos of hummingbirds to show for! This one came quite close to me, but I was still too excited about seeing them that I kept fumbling to set the right mode on the camera and a focused image. Next time, next time. I believe this is a female Rufous Hummingbird (Selasphorus rufus) because it has a green back and lacks the iridescent throat of a male. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Then I saw a Killdeer at the same location as yesterday. Now, I am more certain that there is its nest now. I wish it good luck because a predator (Mink) was observed (not by me) just last week near that location.

American Bittern (Botaurus lentiginosus)
And, my favorite photo of the day. American Bittern (Botaurus lentiginosus)! It's just such a interesting and fierce-looking bird. I wish the water surface is higher so I can capture a better reflection of it, but I will take whatever I can get. Beautiful bird.
.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...