2009/01/12

Indoor again: Reminisce Taiwan (Part 2)

Well, another photo reflection of my exciting summer. See Part 1 and Part 3.

The following photos were taken after my internship had ended. But I still went back to the zoo to visit friends and animals. That's how much I enjoyed my time working at the zoo.

RIMG0282
Formosan Serow (Naemorhedus swinhoei) - another endemic species to Taiwan, and very shy.

RIMG0290
Unknown butterfly species 1

RIMG0339
Unknown butterfly species 2

RIMG0352
Japalura swinhonis again

RIMG0374
Giant Wood Spider a.k.a. Golden Orb Web Spider (Nephila maculata) -a widespread species found from Taiwan to Japan to South East Asia. The body can reaches 5-cm but bigger including its long legs. The Giant Wood Spiders and its cousins are able to make a extremely resistant silk, with outstanding tensile strength.

RIMG0522
Giraffe. Such an ingenious way to measure their height. Or maybe I'm just not too bright to think of that.
.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...