2009/01/05

Walk to the dyke: Checklist of all the species saw

Went to the dyke again before the four straight rainy days (that the forecast is predicting) arrive. Not in the mood of detailing this gray and gloomy day so I'll let the photos tell the story this time.

American Coot (Fulica americana)

Tiny hails fell for a short while when I was out by the dyke.

Female Northern Shoveler (Anas clypeata)

Juvenile Great Blue Heron (Ardea herodias) with the black crown

Female Hooded Merganser (Lophodytes cucullatus). This female croaked like a crow.

Another Great Blue Heron, but an adult this time.

Juvenile Bald Eagle (Haliaeetus leucocephalus)

A pair of adult Bald Eagle.

The pair flew to another tree. Afterward, this one took off to the sea while the other one later flew to another tree. Blurry picture, I know, but it's one of my better eagle flying shots.

Next time, remember to aim the lens a little bit lower. Otherwise, I really like this shot.


This adult flew to this tree.

Looking around, then...

It took off again. I got some "good" shots of eagles flying today. I am happy (for now).

Saw this perching unknown bird. I couldn't get a clear look of its face because branches were in the way. As soon as I got closer, it flew away. So angry, because it doesn't look like anything I seen before. It was pretty big, probably gull-sized.

Northern Harrier (Circus cyaneus). Then it was time to go home.

Other animals not included in this post: Mallards, American Wigeons, Green-winged Teals, Red-winged Blackbirds, American Robin, and European Starlings. And no, I didn't saw the Muskrat this time, sad.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...