2010/01/24

Birding at Minoru Park & Sunset watching at the Dyke

My mother and I went grocery shopping in downtown Richmond today. Before that, we decided to do a little bit of birding around Minoru Park. It was the usual birds but they were preening a lot today.

Mallard preening.

Female Common Merganser.

The male.

Common Merganser (Mergus merganser)
Female merganser swimming by.

Park Bunny (family Leporidae)
Can't forget one of the commonest creatures in the park nowadays - park bunny. You can sort of see my reflection in the bunny's eye - that's how I close I was to it and how unafraid it was of humans. Not good.

Flower Color
Some pretty colors to lighten the relatively gray and brown winter.

Gray Squirrel (Sciurus carolinensis)
Another common creature of the park - Eastern Gray Squirrel (black morph).

In the afternoon, after we got back home, I quickly biked to the dyke to enjoy the sunset.

Getting darker.

Shiny Star

Sunset
Beautiful sunset.

Almost half moon
Moon is entering into the sky now too.

365 days ago (2009-01-23) ... Interestingly, we are waiting for the manager to come and fix (or should I say replace) our kitchen sink again. Darn this stupid old appliance.
.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...