2010/01/28

What's that pink cabbage called?

My mother accompanied me (halfway) in this relatively grey day out to the dyke.

Watching the harrier fly by.

Great Blue Heron (Ardea herodias)
Great Blue Heron (one of the many of them that I saw today). My mother headed home around this point while I continued on.

A Snow Goose adult protecting the juveniles around it.

Ring-billed Gull (Larus delawarensis)
Ring-billed Gulls seem to like hanging around in the same soggy areas as the Snow Geese.

Spotted Towhee. One of the birds that enjoy the easy food provided in this feeder.

Winter Kale
Saw this Winter Kale in the Terra Nova Share Farm. Took me a couple of searches in Google before finding out what this pink cabbage is actually called. A few interesting information about kale here (not sure if accurate or not).

Droplet on Kale
Droplet on kale leaf.

Red-tailed Hawk (Buteo jamaicensis)
A Red-tailed Hawk. Probably the same one as yesterday.

Great Blue Heron (Ardea herodias)

Great Blue Heron (Ardea herodias)
A handsome heron standing close to me.

Snow Geese spooked by eagles (I think).

Bald Eagle again. My mother says it's more likely to see them later in the afternoon; hence, the reason why she didn't see them this afternoon (around 3-pm).
.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...