2010/01/11

Visiting QEP on a (relatively) nice Sunday

Today, my mother and I visited Queen Elizabeth Park (QEP). It has been a while since we went there and it sure brings back a lot of fun childhood memories.

There was not many birds to see today. We only saw a couple of Mallards swimming in the ponds and this Great Blue Heron.

Great Blue Heron (Ardea herodias)
I wonder if they are always here when I was young.

Queen Elizabeth Park
Entering the quarry with beautiful over-towering bamboos.

Queen Elizabeth Park
Watching the garden from above.

Queen Elizabeth Park
Beautiful garden shot.

The Cameraman
The statues were stolen awhile back, but they were returned and back remaining in their positions.

The Photographer and the Photographed
Nice background!

Panoramic View from Queen Elizabeth Park
Panoramic view of the mountains. So grateful that it was not rainy today.

Church Register
Saw this while passing by the "portable" office/church/ceremony place (my mother tried to explain it to me, but I am still not completely sure). I thought it is a nice placement to capture.

The Bloedel Conservatory...saved for now
And of course, can't come to QEP without taking a picture of the conservatory. We didn't go in because it was slowly getting darker by that time. Maybe next time - before it closes down (or whatever the future holds for this historic landmark).

Back to work tomorrow.

365 days ago (2009-01-10) ...
.

1 comment:

Cicero Sings said...

It has been AGES since I've been to QE Park. I used to go there frequently. It looks good given the time of year!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...