2010/11/22

Fall Full Blue Moon

Taking photos of astronomical events is probably the only thing that can persuade me to go out in the middle of the night, especially on a cold night like today when I just had my warm shower.

I also biked to the dyke late in the afternoon wanting to get some moon photos, but after not taking photos of the moon for so long, I forgot all the critical techniques, e.g. a relatively small aperture (f5.6-8) and a faster shutter speed (meaning a high ISO) and a tripod if you have one.

My photos from the dyke were terrible and my face and fingers were freezing!!!

But my photos from just outside my house were much better.

Full Moon on 2010-11-21

Full Blue Moon
Did you know that today's moon is a "Blue Moon"? I didn't until I saw this photo. According to Farmers' Almanac, a Blue Moon is the third full moon in a season of four full moons, and today's one! The next one won't be until August 21, 2013. Hope I remember to take photos then...

Earlier this afternoon, I watched the documentary/movie "The Cove". Throughout the movie, I had tears in my eyes and my hands clenched in a tight fist. It really pains me to see this despite knowing that there are inhumane and indecent things happening to animals everyday in this world... I definitely recommend this movie to everyone.
.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...