2009/02/22

Post #100. Just another great birding day.

Yep, after five months later, I now have written one hundred posts. Not sure if that's a good thing or not, but blogging is one of the ways to keep me from going into that "gloom-and-doom" state of mind about not yet finding a job and also staying in touch with my ecology academic background.

Not sure what the usual blogger does to celebrate, so I decided to stick what I do well and that is to go out and take some pictures!

Parent and offspring Bald Eagles.

Great Blue Heron (Ardea herodias)
Love the round bright eyes of this Great Blue Heron

Juvenile Bald Eagle (Haliaeetus leucocephalus)
I can now recognize this juvenile Bald Eagle when I see it since it has that special stripe across its eyes. It scared off the Red-tailed Hawk (in the picture below) from this post and remained there until I started to take its pictures. An eagle perched in a residential area does not suit well with surrounding crows and passerines.

Red-tailed Hawk (Buteo jamaicensis)
The Red-tailed Hawk then flew to another post to rest.

Another Bald Eagle.

Bald Eagle (Haliaeetus leucocephalus)
Perched on a tree across from the airport and Fraser River.

An adult Double-crested Cormorant fishing in the Fraser River.

As I headed back home, I saw the Red-tailed Hawk again.

The hawk doing its business on someone's roof. You can even see it in mid-air in the picture. Ha.

Bald Eagle (Haliaeetus leucocephalus)
A Bald Eagle perched on the golf course ready to take off. I think I saw five eagles in total, pretty amazing.

Hey, it's the Muskrat again! Uh-oh. When I see it during the day, it usual means bad weather is coming.

Sky-watch picture of the day.
.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...