2009/06/13

Attending aunt's Ph.D graduation ceremony

Today, I attended my third aunt's graduation ceremony at Tamkung University. My grandparents and my first aunt also travelled from central Taiwan to be a part of the celebration - my aunt receiving her Ph.D degree in Banking and Finance.

I travelled to Danshui by myself and met up with my aunt and grandparents at the MRT station.

One thing that really shocked me about Taiwan's university graduation ceremony (compare to Canada's) is that the whole school graduated students all on the same day! Our university had a week-long graduation ceremony, but my aunt's university graduated over 7000 students (Bachelors, Masters, and Ph.D) in just 1.5 hours. Too many studens and parents led to a packed ceremony, and so televised ceremony were needed for guests not able to squeeze in to the gymasium.

Good luck with the future.
Sigh. Yes, I know. Luck will have a lot to do with it.

It was definitely an interesting experience. Afterwards, we had lunch and visited my grandfather's younger sister (i.e. my grandaunt) and her family. Thankfully, it didn't rain during the morning and afternoon, and only started when my grandparents and aunt returned home back to central Taiwan, otherwise, it would be a terrible experience.

Predicted rain all week long. I really hope it's not true.
.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...