2012/09/17

Visitng Riverview Park and Zoo for the second time

I biked to school early this morning to meet with my supervisor to talk about a potential paper that we can write.  In the afternoon, since I didn't bring the power cord for my laptop to school today, I had to go back home early once the battery was drained.  When I bike to school, I have to pass through the Riverview Zoo, so I decided to stop at the zoo today and take some photos.

2012-09-17-P9177109
Serval cats (Leptailurus serval) enjoying the afternoon sun.

2012-09-17-P9177120
An overweight (or old) Cougar (Puma concolor).
2012-09-17-P9177113
Not sure how wise it is to have the Cougar cage across from the Domesticated Yak and Llama (Lama glama) cages.

2012-09-17-P9177140
Red-necked Wallaby (Macropus rufogriseus) sitting on its tail napping.

Red-necked wallaby (Macropus rufogriseus)
Slightly woken up by my (and other visitors') presence.

Red-necked wallaby (Macropus rufogriseus)
I guessed I made a move too suddenly and it startled the wallaby.  Sorry!

2012-09-17-P9177159
The Emus (Dromaius novaehollandiae) are housed with the wallabies, but they are much more intimidating than them.  They got right up to the fence and pecking at the leaves.

2012-09-17-P9177170
Not a captive animal but I saw this Yellow-rumped Warbler chasing after a large flying insect and eating it on a branch.  Here it was moments earlier looking at the flying midges (possibly).

Eastern chipmunk (Tamias striatus)

Eastern chipmunk (Tamias striatus)
Can't resist but take photos of this cute Eastern Chipmunk when it decided to munch on the cherries on the ground.

Not a bad day at all.  I really should come here more often - lots of good photography opportunities.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...