2009/03/25

A rather unimpressive day with photos to share

It wasn't rainy today but the gray sky really dampened my mood. Still, a bike ride out really clears one's mind because you focus on your surroundings rather than your thoughts. Nevertheless, I got some pretty interesting photos to share with everybody.

Great Blue Heron (Ardea herodias)
Caught this Great Blue Heron in a rather awkward posture.

Another Great Blue Heron. This time in a strange location.

Northern Pintail (Anas acuta)
Af first, I found this Northern Pintail napping. But me looking at it for too long caused it to wake up and walk back to the pond. Sorry. But I like this photo because I caught its right leg in mid-air.

Some signs of Spring.

I can't believe how difficult it was to photograph a crow close-up. The camera seems to have trouble focusing on a dark object. I ended up focusing on the branch and that worked.

A Double-crested Cormorant about to enter the breeding stage as seen by the white tufts behind the eyes.

Black-capped Chickadee (Poecile atricapillus)

Black-capped Chickadee (Poecile atricapillus)
This Black-capped Chickadee sat patiently an arm's length away from me - allowing me to take these rather good pictures.

Saw the adult Bald Eagle again today as I biked back home. However, no eagle was observed inside the nest.
.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...