2009/03/09

Birding Sunday

Not too much happened today. I had another driving lesson. Hopefully by next week, I should be familiar with the test routes and be ready for the road test.

Today is the time change and I like pushing forward the daylight saving hour because now the sun sets at a later hour and more daylight in a day. Hooray!

The weather in the early afternoon was nice. But by late afternoon, clouds started to roll in and flurries occurred, and it was very cold too (especially since I forgot my gloves).

Anyways, here are my photos of the day. Enjoy!

Sleepy Mallard (Anas platyrhynchos)
If I am an animal, I will not like weekends because there are so many loud and annoying humans on the dyke disrupting my nap.

American Wigeons (Anas americana)
American Wigeons. Love the green around the males' eyes.

Black-capped Chickadee (Poecile atricapillus)
Black-capped Chickadee. Cute as a button.

Northern Pintail (Anas acuta)
Saw this lonely male Northern Pintail dabbling all by itself

Snow Geese ready for landing
There were a lot of Snow Geese in one of the fields in Terra Nova. But there were many humans too. So I didn't bother go there. When I got to another field, the geese followed me and landed right in front of me for me to take some photos. Thanks, guys.

Gadwall (Anas strepera)
The handsome Mr. Gadwall (Anas strepera)

The clouds are rolling in.

The Bald Eagles had returned home when I was about to head back too.

By the way, I added a background image to this blog to liven things up using the method mentioned here. I'll change the images once in a while when I take more photos that I like.
.

2 comments:

Cicero Sings said...

Thanks for the link ... I always wondered how to do some of those things ... a great reference.

PSYL said...

No problem. Always fun to try out new things with blogspot.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...