2009/03/12

Peculiar postures of birds

I got my parents to drop me off at Steveston today while they were about to go out so that I can go visit the Belted Kingfisher today. No such luck. Instead of the Kingfisher, I got a whole bunch of loud crows.

So I just biked around Steveston, past Garry Point Park, headed to Terra Nova, then back home again. Along the way, I caught many birds in peculiar positions, if I do say so myself.

American Wigeon. Fluttering in the water.

One of four Mute Swans saw today at Steveston. Bring head to left side and scratch with left leg. Nope, can't do it.

Mute Swan. Tilt the head all the way until it's flat against your back. Also can't do it.

Male Hooded Merganser. The tail end of it.

Red-tailed Hawk. Perch on a single branch with one leg supported by another on the side, then tilt head to the right - without falling over.

Great Blue Heron. Looking at me looking at it.

Black-capped Chickadee. Toe feeding.
.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...