2010/02/17

Some announcements & enjoying the blue cloudless day

What is going on with me lately, you may ask. Well, yesterday I received an HP Photosmart D5460 Printer as a winning prize from a photo contest I submitted to. But seeing how I already have two printers (one becomes a fax machine and one is currently in use), I may sell it and use that money to go towards buying a DSLR for myself. So if you're interested, let me know. Otherwise, I might turn it into a photo printer (which it is) and start to print some of my photos.

In addition, the Ontario job that I applied/phone-interviewed for went through, and so I'll be spending 4+ months in Carden, Ontario in the summer - which I am quite excited and nervous about since this will be actually my first time away from home for an extended period of time (interning and working in Taiwan doesn't really count). But I am also excited to be a part of an important program and the opportunity to see other parts of Canada and its wildlife.

But that's not for another two months, so I need to stop worrying (about food, housing, laundry, travel, etc) and enjoy the nice weather we have today.

Beautiful cloudless blue sky.

Snow Geese at Terra Nova Natural Area.

More Snow Geese at Terra Nova Rural Park.

I feel calm and peaceful everytime I come here.

Gadwall (Anas strepera)
Mr. Gadwall, as well as American Wigeons, a Scaup, and some Hooded Mergansers were found in the slough.

Flowering Crocuses.

Nice view.

Bald Eagle Sunset Watching
Heard and then saw these two Bald Eagles. Then they flew back to the nest.

One Bald Eagle was inside and one was outside the nest. Then suddenly the eagle outside the nest took off - leaving me with a dark dark photo because I didn't have time to change the settings. But thanks to the wonderful computer technology, I was able to clean it up and produce the image above. Not bad at all, if I say so myself.

That's all for today. Cheers!

365 days ago (2009-02-16) ...
.

1 comment:

Cicero Sings said...

That's great news PSYL (the job). Something to look forward to ... and should be real interesting. Just take a lot of mosquito repellent.

It's also great news that you won a photo contest! You are taking some really good pictures so it is no wonder. What picture did you win with?

Looked like a positively glorious day in the lower mainland. It is a beautiful spot ... when the sun shines and there is no smog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...