2015/04/13

Wood Ducks on Rideau River

Another warm and sunny day today.  I walked over to Strathcona Park during lunchtime to see what I could photograph, such as the flying gulls, cormorant, etc.  The only decent photos I ended with were of a pair of beautiful Wood Ducks (Aix sponsa) swimming on the Rideau River.

Wood Ducks (Aix sponsa)

Wood Ducks (Aix sponsa)

Wood Ducks (Aix sponsa)

Female Wood Duck (Aix sponsa)
The female was less shy compared to the male.

Male Wood Duck (Aix sponsa)
The male kept his distance away from the edge of the river, so I wasn't able to get any closer photos of him.

2015-04-13-P4130083

Male Wood Duck (Aix sponsa)

2015-04-13-P4130088
Beautiful.  Unfortunately, the image was out of focus because of the fast-flowing river.

 Male Wood Duck (Aix sponsa)
Maybe I will see you again tomorrow?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...