2015/04/19

Assorted photos from the weekend at school

This weekend, I was at school proctoring a final exam and grading lab reports.  Not fun but just something that always had to be done at the end of each semester.  I brought my camera and tried to take some photos when I go outside for a break.

I found a relatively interesting staircase inside the Faculty of Social Sciences Building.

Staircase in FSS Building
View from the bottom.

 Staircase in FSS Building
View from the top.
 2015-04-18-P4180034
From the top of the staircase, you can see the canal and the Parliament Building.  Too bad for the window glare on the right side of the image.

This afternoon, I walked to Strathcona Park to enjoy the sunshine (before the predicted rain for most of the week).  There were many people at the park today - reading, sunbathing, playing games, etc.

2015-04-19-P4190045
Snow-free now.

Double-crested Cormorant (Phalacrocorax auritus)
On the river, there was this Double-crested Cormorant (Phalacrocorax auritus) standing on a rock.

Double-crested Cormorant (Phalacrocorax auritus)
Resting and looking around.

Canada Geese (Branta canadensis)
Canada Geese (Branta canadensis) swimming up the Rideau River.
 2015-04-19-P4190211
I took a different route heading back to school and saw a pair of Wood Ducks (Aix sponsa) foraging next to a goose.

I am not sure if it was the same pair from last week, but this male seemed less afraid (probably thinking I had food) and I was able to get this shot of him. 

Wood Duck (Aix sponsa)
What a handsome bird!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...