2013/12/28

[Photo series] Black dog in a white landscape

As mentioned before, I took care of my friend's pets during my time in Peterborough.  Since I took the dog (Bronte) out walking everyday and couldn't see anything (exciting) to photograph, I ended up taking a lot of photos of Bronte playing and just being a dog in the snow.  There were a lot of photos, so I compiled them all into this one post.

2013-12-20-PC201801
Sticks.  Bronte just love sticks.

2013-12-21-PC211901
And eating sticks and wanting you to try and grab it from her.

Black dog in white forest #1
The lab in her did a lot of sniffing and stalking in the forest.  I can't imagine the things she must had smelled, hear, and saw.

2013-12-21-PC211913

Black dog in white forest #2
She's a very loyal dog, and every so often she would look back to see if I was still following her or not.

2013-12-20-PC201821
And when I kneel down to try take action shots of her, she would get the cue and started bolting towards me.

2013-12-20-PC201824
My camera is not the best at continuous auto-focusing, so I ended up with a lot of blurry shots such as this.  It still demonstrates her playfulness nonetheless.

Black dog in white forest #3
Taking photos of a black dog in a white forest is very challenging, especially when it comes to getting the correct exposure.

Black dog in white forest #4

2013-12-22-PC221984

2013-12-22-PC221994

2013-12-24-PC242136

2013-12-24-PC242142

Black dog in white forest
Such a lovely dog.

Black dog in white forest

Black dog in white forest

Black dog in white forest
One of my favourite photos.  She's decoding whatever message she sensed in the air.

Black dog in white forest

Black dog in white forest

Black dog in white forest
Licking while running.

Black dog in white forest

Black dog in white forest

Black dog in white forest

Black dog in white forest
Stalking something.

Black dog in white forest

Black dog in white forest

Black dog in a white forest

Black dog in a white forest
Another of my favourite shots because you can sort of see the falling snow against her black fur.

2013-12-26-PC262210

 Black dog in a white forest

Having Bronte for a week reminds me of the dogs I grew up with when I was a young boy in Taiwan, all of them had passed away but I still carry memories of them with me - HuaHua (chihuahua), Lucky (mixed), DoDo (cocker spaniel), and Blackie (Beagle).  Thank you all for the wonderful memories - dogs are truly humans' most loyal friends.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...