2011/10/23

Getting a bike and biking along Trans-Canada trail

After almost two months here in Peterborough, I finally bought a (used) bike today. I know it's a bit late in the year, but hopefully I can get a few sunny days to go out for a bike ride. Plus, this coming week is reading week at Trent so there are no classes at all.

After getting my bike and air pumped into the tires, I went for a bike ride to Jackson Park and then the Trans-Canada trail.

Jackson Park. With my bike.

Great Blue Heron (Ardea herodias)
Great Blue Heron! They are a bit hard to find here in Peterborough than Richmond.

Great Blue Heron (Ardea herodias)

Preening.

A curious squirrel interested in what I was doing.

Ruby-crowned Kinglet.

Yellow-rumped Warbler.

The Trans-Canada trail. It goes all the way to Omemee but I didn't go that far today.

One of the few dragonflies still around, especially it has been cold and rainy the past week or two.

Lily Lake. It almost reminds me of Terra Nova slough in Richmond.

Male Mallard.

I went as far as Ackison Road - maybe only a quarter way to Omemee.

Then I turned around and biked back to Peterborough.

Back to Jackson Park.

Last of the few
One of the few maples still on the tree.

Most are on the ground now.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...