2011/02/19

Making up for the cloudy days...

I totally forgot what I did for the last four days now. This is what happened when it's cloudy and I ended up staying indoors most of the times.

Well, I better make up for the missing days by going outside to enjoy this beautiful Friday.

Blue sky and white puffy clouds.

Great Blue Heron (Ardea herodias)
Heron in the ditch.

Great Blue Heron (Ardea herodias)
Like the heron in the reflection.

Looking at the river. There were also dark grey clouds to the right side of this picture (south end of Richmond), but it cleared away eventually.

Skywatching
Making this a long trip by biking to Terra Nova.

Flowering Crocuses
Crocuses flowering.

Testing out the 1:2 macro function on my 70-300 lens. Basically, I need to set it to manual focus, put it to 1:2, and move myself to get proper focus. Now, I just need some more insects and flowers to practice on.

Another owl house in the field. This one was at eye-level, for demonstration purposes, I guess. Hence the lonely owl doll.

Ring-necked Ducks (Aythya collaris)
Pair of Ring-necked Ducks in Terra Nova slough.

The wind picked up later in the afternoon and many birds were flying in the sky against the wind.

Bald Eagle (Haliaeetus leucocephalus)
This eagle did the same for a while before perching on the skinny branch.

Bald Eagle (Haliaeetus leucocephalus)
Trying to maintain its balance and regality at the same time.

Finally, it had enough and took off. Another non-sharp photo that looks better when viewed small.

I saw almost ten Great Blue Herons today (not really counting, but I did saw several).

Great Blue Heron (Ardea herodias)
Here's (another) one.

Great Blue Heron (Ardea herodias)
What do you mean another one?

Gulls flying towards the river mouth.

Sunsetting

Panoramic Mountainscape
Panoramic mountainscape.

Have a nice weekend, everyone.

1 comment:

shan-lin said...

Beautiful pictures!! I also like the new blog layout =)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...