2011/01/19

Sunny in the afternoon

Like I said before, the weather forecast can't be more wrong lately. Calling for rain when it is nice out and sunny when it is raining out.

Anyways, it was raining pretty hard in the morning. Thankfully, it stopped and the sky cleared in the afternoon. Time for the much-needed bike ride and some shutter therapy.

White-crowned Sparrow (Zonotrichia leucophrys)
The bird feeders along the South Dyke Trail (in the dog park) were dominated by the Red-winged Blackbirds. But while I was photographing, they stayed away and gave opportunities to the White-crowed Sparrows and juncos.

I actually rode past this Great Blue Heron at first. Then I back-tracked and moved ahead of it and it slowly moved towards me to allow me to get these relatively images at eye-level.

Great Blue Heron (Ardea herodias)

Great Blue Heron (Ardea herodias)

Great Blue Heron (Ardea herodias)

Near Finn Slough, while keeping an eye out for the Peregrine Falcon again, there was a dark object bobbing in the water. Turned out it was a seal!

The only shot I got before it dived and disappeared.

Meanwhile, a gull slowly flew towards me. I snapped several shots before noticing one of the images was it scooping something out of the water.

Paddling around Finn Slough hoping to see a cat (or two) as well as any scenes that stand out to me. Only got this shot in the end.

Bald Eagle (Haliaeetus leucocephalus)
While biking back home. This Bald Eagle was on the tree resting. A man walked by me and told me that there used to be more eagles in this area than before. I think most of them are just across from the river.

And then it took off all the sudden.

A female Northern Harrier slowly flew above and towards me.

Northern Harrier (Circus cyaneus)
Lucky shot!

Puddles along the way
?

Almost Full Moon
Full moon tomorrow, but if it is cloudy tomorrow, this image will make do.

Cheers.

PS - Submitted my grad school application to Trent University yesterday. A bit late, I know, but I was waiting for a reference letter to arrive from Taiwan. Anyways, hope everything will work out in the end and I will receive the official acceptance in a month or so. Can't wait to move to Ontario and live/study in a new place.
.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...