2010/12/24

Gloomy day brightened by special X'mas gift (thanks to The Frog Bag)

Two days into winter but still no signs of snow for the rest of the year, I think.

Today, I went to UBC to take care of some business, i.e. print some documents for my grad studies application, download and print my/our research paper that was published a few weeks ago and do more literature searching regarding pollinators.


Every time I come back to UBC, it is guaranteed that I will see another construction taking place on campus. One of the many reasons that UBC frustrates me so much.

Rainy day shopping in Kerrisdale

When I arrived home, I noticed a package on my table from California! I immediately kn,ow it is the gift from Corinna (from The Frog Bag) because I entered her giveaway draw last month. I pick Panther because I love big cats (being born in the Year of the Tiger myself) and the power and mystery associated with this South American top predator.

The pennant is beautifully made with excellent craftsmanship and details. I can't imagine how much time and effort it takes to produce this gift. Thank you, Corinna!

I am so happy with this special early X'mas present!

Check out The Frog Bag blog and Etsy for more interesting photos/posts, as well as the unique biology-related jewelry and crafts!

Two more days until Christmas!
.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...