2012/10/08

Thanksgiving Autumn

One thing I really want to do lately is to go out and take photos of the gorgeous display of autumn here in Peterborough, especially as I walk through neighborhoods with beautiful red and orange maple leaves every morning to the bus stop.  This Thanksgiving break finally gave me a chance today to bike to Jackson Park and take some photos.

Colour Palette
The explosion of colours is just astonishing!

Jackson Park Lake
Jackson Park lake.

Golden-crowned Kinglet (Regulus satrapa)
My camera was struggling to properly focus on the forest birds due to the poor lighting.  However, I was lucky enough that this Golden-crowned Kinglet (Regulus satrapa) stayed still for long enough to get this picture.

2012-10-08-PA087645
A swirl of blazing leaves.

2012-10-08-PA087655
Really look like flames.

Reaching up
Looking up.

2012-10-08-PA087686
Not all leaves are red yet.

Not yet red
Maybe next week?

As I got back to the house, I heard birds singing in the backyard.  I brought my camera and saw many chickadees going for the neighbors' feeders (makes me wonder if I should get one too).

2012-10-08-PA087700
Through the branches was this goldfinch.

2012-10-08-PA087713
And the bird that attracted to come out to the backyard - Northern Cardinal!  My first proper shot of this bird, I think.  Still not good enough though.

Oh yeah, happy Thanksgiving to those that celebrate it.  I have lots to be thankful for, such as this  much-needed three-day long weekend.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...