2012/10/21

Owl-banding 2012, Take 2

I went owl-banding again last night. We caught a total of five owls yesterday despite a brief period of rain.  However, there were many people present - intern, volunteers, students, bander, etc, definitely a packed cabin.

Once again, I didn't take too many photos.  Here are pretty much the only ones I took.

2012-10-20-1
Screen shot of the video below.  Such an adorable creature, NSWO.

Video of measuring its wing chord and tail length.

2012-10-20-DSCN2092
Releasing one of the owls.  This person put the owl on his arm to get it to fly away.

2012-10-20-PA207790 
One of the released owls ended up perching on the tree just outside the cabin.  The only shot I could get with an LED light and the build-in flash.  Terrible photo, I know, but you get the gist.

Reading week here at Trent next week.  Hope to get some work done, as well as some relaxing activities, e.g. photography.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...