2012/03/31

Going to school again on a Saturday

Biked to school again on a nice sunny Saturday.

Sunny Saturday
A warm day compared to the past week.

Perfect weather for canoeing
People were out canoeing! Beautiful sceneries.

2012-03-31-P3319634
Like the last time, I went behind the building to photograph things (before I spend the rest of the afternoon indoors doing statistics). There were many sparrows (Savannah, I think) singing and hiding in the dense grasses when I walked by.

2012-03-31-DSCN0674
Looking out to the field.

2012-03-31-P3319671
Goldenrod gall. From this fly?

Unknown Leafhopper (Family Cicadellidae)
Found a tiny leafhopper while searching for pollinators on the flowers.

Fly Pollinator
Since last Sunday, the weather has been very cool and almost very winter-like. I tried looking for the bees again on Monday but the flowers were closed when I got there. When I got there again today, the only pollinator I saw was this fly dunking its head deep into flower for nectar. I brought my Raynox-250 for these close-up photos.

2012-03-31-P3319636
Since there was nothing else visiting the flowers, I turned my attention to the dew found on some leaves.

World reflected within droplet
You can see the sun, the clouds, and half of me in the droplet!

2012-03-31-P3319706
On the way back to the building to do some work, I came across this Milkweed Bug (Oncopeltus fasciatus) trying to hide from me.

2012-03-31-DSCN0678
Biking home. The weather has been like this recently - sunny in the morning then overcast in the afternoon. Weird spring weather here in Ontario, I'd say.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...