2010/08/11

More photos - Awenda & Muskoka Wildlife Centre & others

Good evening everyone. I just spent the past two-and-half days camping in Algonquin Provincial Park and enjoying my long off-days. It was an amazing experience. Hopefully by next time I post, I will have sorted the photos to share, e.g. otters, moose, beautiful lakes, etc. But now, here are photos from the past two weeks and my last off-days.

A nice photo from Awenda Park

Maple leaves

Some of the animals that I saw in Muskoka Wildlife Centre.

Eastern Wolf (Canis lupus lycaon)

Eastern Chipmunk (Tamias striatus)

Unidentified Cicada
Cicada! They're everywhere here in Ontario (the places I have been) but photographing one is very difficult!

Yellow-bellied Sapsucker (Sphyrapicus varius) young

A mantis and stick bug that my co-worker found! Identification of both would be greatly appreciated!

Unidentified Mantis

Unidentified Mantis

Unidentified Stick Bug

A Eastern Gray Treefrog found on the lock of one of the enclosures. It was very small!

Eastern Gray Treefrog (Hyla versicolor)

Eastern Gray Treefrog (Hyla versicolor)

Eastern Gray Treefrog (Hyla versicolor)

Others

House Wren (Troglodytes aedon)

Bronze Copper (Lycaena hyllus)

White-faced Meadowhawk (Sympetrum obtrusum)
Love the comical look!

Blue Sky
Blue Sky

Red Moon
Red Moon

More UN-identified animals that would appreciate getting their identities back. Thanks!

Unidentified Katydids

Unidentified Katydids

Unknown caterpillar

Field season is almost over, less than a month to go before I head back to B.C.!
.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...