2017/02/28

February update

For some reason, 2017 is going by so fast that I am unable to slow it down and enjoy every moment of it.  I try to take some photos here and there, but I wish I have more to show.

The most exciting part about the first two months is the opportunity to observe lab-reared Bombus impatiens emerging from their brood cells.

Bombus impatiens ready to emerge
First look at the world.

Bombus impatiens ready to emerge
Chewing its way out.

Emerging Bombus impatiens
Welcome to the world!

Recently emerged Bombus impatiens
Close-up of a newly emerged bee.

Recently emerged Bombus impatiens

I also returned to the Museum of Nature to see the reptiles exhibit again.

Veiled chameleon (Chamaeleo calyptratus)
I finally got a decent photo of the Veiled chameleon (Chamaeleo calyptratus).

Frilled leaf-tailed geckos (Uroplatus henkeli)
Frilled leaf-tailed geckos (Uroplatus henkeli) showing off its incredible skill to adhering to a vertical surface.

Red-Sided Garter Snake (Thamnophis sirtalis)
Red-Sided Garter Snake (Thamnophis sirtalis)

Skaters on Rideau Canal
I pretty much stayed indoors this past two months and only went out once to look at some of the Winterlude events.

Until next time.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...