2015/12/31

Last (bird-watching) day of 2015

I was hoping to do more nature-related things when I came back home, but various tasks took place and I ended up not bird-watching until this morning when I drove my mother to the library to borrow some books and then went to Terra Nova for a walk.

2015-12-31-PC310001
I miss this view.  You can't see mountains and ocean (sort of) in the same view back in Ottawa.


Grey squirrel (Sciurus carolinensis)
A Grey squirrel (Sciurus carolinensis) eating some of the food that people had been scattering around.

Spotted Towhee (Pipilo maculatus)
A Spotted Towhee (Pipilo maculatus) with pulp on its beak after munching on some berries.

Bushtit (Psaltriparus minimus)
A Bushtit (Psaltriparus minimus) searching for food.

American Robin (Turdus migratorius)
A pale-looking American Robin (Turdus migratorius), perhaps a female?

American Robin (Turdus migratorius)

Ring-billed Gull (Larus delawarensis)
A Ring-billed Gull (Larus delawarensis) walking across the grass.

American Wigeon (Anas americana)
An American Wigeon (Anas americana).

That's all for 2015.  I think this had been an all-around fantastic year for me, and I hope it carries over to the following years.  Have a wonderful 2016!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...